28 June 2008

MM Vol 2 - 127 - Russell Watson


MM Vol 2 #127

Russell Watson

"Faith of The Heart"

(2002)
.
.
Genre:Vocal
damn sexy vulcan
I make it no secret that I love Star Trek, but guess what ... I'm not a "Trekkie" ... I just love the philosophy, ideals and science of the Star Trek genre. Hell, I'm even looking forward to the JJ Abrams Star Trek 11 so much I'm going to the movie theater to see it! [yes it's a big thing for me to go]. It will be weird not seeing Cpt. Kirk or Sulu, Scotty .. even Piccard or Data [at least Spock is in the new Number 11 - God knows what as]. I was reading on digg.com that the most missed show on television is Star Trek. What does that tell you? Why don't they just make a new series? Or are you like me .... maybe knowing after the new movie is out .... "Star Trek 'The Beginning' TV show" will appear in 2010. You may scoff at me now .... but i will remind you! As for the crew on the left of "Enterprise"? Not many people liked the show, personally I thought they [actors] were great, just the ship felt to mechanical for my liking, which is funny in a odd way, because that's what they were trying to achieve.
Whats this got to do with the song? Its the theme song for Star Trek "Enterprise" you ninny's!
thats two ... not the fingers
Born in 1966, British tenor Russell Watson became an opera singer by freak occurrence. While he was regularly singing in bars and clubs in the Manchester and London suburbs, an owner of one such venue told Watson that he thought his voice was better suited for opera and requested that he learn Puccini's "Nessun Dorma," which he did and promptly added to his set. Watson eventually signed with Decca Records, issuing his debut, entitled The Voice, in April of 2001. Nicknamed "the People's Tenor" (since he likes to chat with and seeks feedback from his fans), Watson seems poised to convert more than a few opera naysayers as he covers such contemporary compositions as Freddie Mercury's "Barcelona (Friends Until the End)," Ultravox's "Vienna," and Simon & Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water," in addition to the standards. ~ [Greg Prato, All Music Guide]
For Freddie Mercury visit Def 1000 #539, #747, #799 & #805
For Ultravox visit Midge Ure @ Def 1000 #905
For Simon & Garfunkel visit Def 1000 #964
I hope you can understand now why I like this song
This song has a total crowbarred rating of 80.1 out of 108

Search Artist here:1-2-3-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home