18 June 2008

MM Vol 2 - 129 - Westlife


MM Vol 2 #129
.
Westlife

"What Makes A Man"

(2001)
.
.
Genre:Pop
art by zsilidavid
I make no excuses for the music I choose, yes, you do have the right to call me flippant, irresponsible or erratic and bordering on dissent with suspect songs and I know only full to well that Westlife is as highly regarded as a mechanical arm to remove lint from your belly button. Yes, I'm guilty on mush and sentiment some times. But being in love has no boundaries on fucking with your mind. Are we clear? Or shall I throw the rose on my own coffin? Your a heartless lot, but i still love ya.
Westlife, as Westlife is, is unashamedly corporate $ driven, but credit due, as it should be on certain merit, so if I can please the court, this song is pretty good. I rest my case. [bring out the gallows~ gawd i hate aiports]
someone's missing .. hmmm?
In the tradition of British boy bands like Take That and Boyzone comes Dublin's Westlife, a quintet consisting of Shane Filan, Nicky Byrne, Bryan McFadden, Mark Feehily and Kian Egan. Filan, Egan and Feehily were among the group's six founding members, but the other half of the group was dispatched when Louis Walsh, Boyzone's manager, took interest in them. This made room in the band for Byrne and McFadden; Walsh also introduced Westlife to Boyzone vocalist and solo artist Ronan Keating, who became the group's co-manager shortly after they cemented their recording contract. The group's first single, 1999's "Flying Without Wings" entered the UK charts at #1, a feat they replicated with "Seasons In The Sun" and "Swear It Again" in 2000. Their self-titled debut album met with similar chart-topping success and quickly went platinum in their homeland. Westlife was released in the US by Arista Records in early 2000. ~ [Heather Phares, All Music Guide ]
For more Westlife (yes more) visit MM Vol 1 #118
For even more (ha!) visit The Def 1000 #897
This song has a crowbarred rating of 80.8 out of 108

Search Artist here:1-2-3-A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I-J-K-L-M-N-O-P-Q-R-S-T-U-V-W-X-Y-Z

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey great site

1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home